cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

How to install SKS P50 Chromoplastic Longboard Fenders on COOP CTY 1.1 front wheel

We recently purchased two COOP CTY 1.1 bicycles and along with the SKS P50 Chromoplastic Longboard Fender sets (recommended by an REI employee on the bikes' product page). I am having issues installing the fender on the front wheel. The instructions say to use the included plastic spacers, but not to use more than 4 spacers at a time. The 4 spacers are insufficient to clear the brake caliper mechanism when using the fender mount points at the bottom/end of the front fork. I see there are mount points on the inside of the fork about 1/3 up and think there would be sufficient clearance for the wheel spokes, however this would require cutting a significant amount of the fender stays off. I could also get a longer metal spacer tube to use the bottom/exterior mount points, but am worried how much that will stick out (and think it will look stupid). Any suggestions?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

How to install SKS P50 Chromoplastic Longboard Fenders on COOP CTY 1.1 front wheel

Hello there @gogingerly !

Thanks for reaching out to us in the Community!  Happy to hear that you have some new bikes and hopefully they will be up and running soon. 

We have a team of bike technicians that can help troubleshoot your fender trouble. They can be reached at Cyclinghelp@rei.com . Please feel free to just copy and paste your original post in an email to them. The amount of detail you have included will be helpful! They are doing their very best to reach every customer as soon as possible!

Thanks again and I hope you have some great rides!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
1 Reply

Hello there @gogingerly !

Thanks for reaching out to us in the Community!  Happy to hear that you have some new bikes and hopefully they will be up and running soon. 

We have a team of bike technicians that can help troubleshoot your fender trouble. They can be reached at Cyclinghelp@rei.com . Please feel free to just copy and paste your original post in an email to them. The amount of detail you have included will be helpful! They are doing their very best to reach every customer as soon as possible!

Thanks again and I hope you have some great rides!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.