cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

How do I purchase a bike by a brand REI carries but does not stock?

After 50 years of cycling, many thousands of miles of daily commuting in both Colorado and here, and lots (too much) ultra running, my knees and hips want me to scale back my cycling to just recreational outings on a relaxing, comfortable bike.  I like the Electra TownPath 9D - EXCEPT the lack of fenders and racks.  Electra makes an identical model called the TownPath 9D EQ that includes those necessities.  Any chance I can order that through REI, and if no to that question, what about REI purchasing the EQ fenders and racks from Electra so I can pay you to install them?  A recreational bike without fenders in the PNW is like a car without a roof - looks cool but not very practical.  Tom 

0 Likes
1 Reply

@TG96 Thanks for reaching out!

You have a couple of options in order to get the bike set up the way you would like:

1. When our stores re-open, you can inquire at the bike shop about placing a special order (a process we are only able to do in store) for the Electra TownPath with fenders and racks. Availability and processing vary by vendor, so you'll want to bear that in mind.
  2. You can purchase the bike without fenders or racks, and have REI order them for you via special order (via the same process as above) and install them when they arrive.
  3. You can purchase the bike without fenders or racks, order the fenders and racks on your own directly from Electra, then bring them to your REI shop and have us install them for you.

Hopefully this helps, let us know if you have any other questions. Thanks!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes