cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

How can I tell what size Cannondale Bad Boy 2 would fit me?

I am interested in purchasing a Cannondale Bad Boy 2 Bike. I am 5’ 4” tall with a 28” inseam. What size would you recommend for me?

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

@Jdhunt Thanks for reaching out!

The Cannondale Bad Boy 2 comes in four sizes (S-XL) and the size small has a standover height (the measurement that most closely corresponds with your inseam length) of 30" (76.2 CM). If the inseam measurement you gave us is based on the size pants you wear (typically how most people measure it) then you'll be a very close fit for a size small in that bike. If that is how you calculated your inseam, then you may want to re-measure with shoes on (or just add an inch to your measurement), as that may give you a better 'real-world' number for applying to your bike size.

With that bike height you will not have much room, if any, to stand over the frame, so you will want to keep that in mind every time you come out of the saddle. This is important to think about for the style of riding you will be doing: it's likely not a big deal if you're riding bike paths for long periods of time without having to stop often, but it could be problematic if you are riding in the city with traffic and lots of stops.

A couple of other bikes to look at would be the Co-op Cycles CTY 3.1 and the Co-op Cycles CTY 2.2. The CTY 3.1 has a standover height of 27.4" and the CTY 2.2 has a standover height of 29.4". The CTY 3.1 most closely resembles the Bad Boy 2 in that it has 650b wheels and hydraulic disc brakes.

Hopefully this helps, please let us know if you have any other questions!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes
1 Reply

@Jdhunt Thanks for reaching out!

The Cannondale Bad Boy 2 comes in four sizes (S-XL) and the size small has a standover height (the measurement that most closely corresponds with your inseam length) of 30" (76.2 CM). If the inseam measurement you gave us is based on the size pants you wear (typically how most people measure it) then you'll be a very close fit for a size small in that bike. If that is how you calculated your inseam, then you may want to re-measure with shoes on (or just add an inch to your measurement), as that may give you a better 'real-world' number for applying to your bike size.

With that bike height you will not have much room, if any, to stand over the frame, so you will want to keep that in mind every time you come out of the saddle. This is important to think about for the style of riding you will be doing: it's likely not a big deal if you're riding bike paths for long periods of time without having to stop often, but it could be problematic if you are riding in the city with traffic and lots of stops.

A couple of other bikes to look at would be the Co-op Cycles CTY 3.1 and the Co-op Cycles CTY 2.2. The CTY 3.1 has a standover height of 27.4" and the CTY 2.2 has a standover height of 29.4". The CTY 3.1 most closely resembles the Bad Boy 2 in that it has 650b wheels and hydraulic disc brakes.

Hopefully this helps, please let us know if you have any other questions!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes