cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

How can I get more information about my Co-op Cycles CTY 1.1 bike?

I have a CTY 1.1; at least that what is painted on the frame.  It does not seem to many of the specs that your web site shows:

1) it has a 3 x 9 drive train, not 3 x 8

2) It had a sticker showing the frame as Chrome Moly, but when it came off it was painted as 6061 aluminum underneath.  Since a magnet sticks to it I assume it is Chrome Moly.  A magnet does not stick to the handle bars or the seat post, thus at this point I am assuming they are aluminum.

It it a bike in between models?  I believe I purchased it in 2017 or 18.  Can you help me determine what it really is and is there any way to get the specs on the frame, ie: geometry, head set diameter etc.  I am looking to upgrade some components and need to make decisions.  Any help you can provide will be appreciated.

Thanks 

Steve Crawford

0 Likes
3 Replies

@SteveC Thanks for reaching out!

We're going to reach out to the Co-op Cycles team and see what we can find out for you. We'll circle back with you here in the community when we have more information. Thanks!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

@SteveC Thank you so much for your patience as we work on this!

Because your bike is a few years old it is going to take a bit more digging to get the appropriate specs. We are working on it and we'll circle back here as soon as we have the information. We wanted to touch base really quickly and let you know we're still working on it!

Thanks!

0 Likes

@SteveC 

We appreciate your patience as we tried to track down more information for you. The bike you have is one of the very first models of Co-op Cycles CTY 1.1 line. You are correct that the frame is Chromoly steel and the rest of the components are aluminum. As materials and specs evolve over time, the current Co-op Cycles CTY 1.1 is likely very different from the one you purchased in 2017, which is why you see that the drivetrain is different and you have hydraulic brakes.

In order to get the correct specs for the pieces you would like to replace, your best bet would be to connect with your local REI bike shop. Not only will they be able to measure and determine which parts are right for your bike, they may be able to place the parts orders for you as well. 

Hopefully this helps and we apologize that it took us this long to get back to you! 

0 Likes