cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Hoping for help to identify specs and year of classic Novara Corsa bike

This is my childhood bike so it must be early to mid 90s. My parents kept it all these years and recently gave it to me. Fun fact: this bike was stolen from me for almost a year (in the 90s) but was later found in a pawn shop and I got it back! My dad had bought me a new bike (another Novara but the kind with the shifters in the grips) but I wanted this back so gave the new one to a sibling.
It would be great to see a manual, catalog or spec sheet from when it was first sold. 
I want to upgrade some parts and use it again!

6935EF64-99A8-427C-894C-89061B54049D.jpeg

Labels (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies

@Hel_B19 

Thanks for sharing your awesome bike! We love hearing stories of Novara bikes still getting it done! We're going to have to connect with some of our friends in Co-op Cycles to track down the info you're looking for. We'll do our best to see what we can come up with and we'll circle back with you here in the community when we have more to share.

Thanks in advance for your patience!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.

Thanks John! 

0 Likes

@Hel_B19 

Thanks for your patience as we tracked down some information! It looks like your awesome bike is the 1991 model of Novara Corsa. The '91 - '93 models all looked pretty similar, but if you look at the seat in the photo that's the real differentiator. The 1993 model came with a bike seat that said 'Novara' on it. Hopefully this helps enhance those fond memories of your bike, thank you again for sharing with us!

Screen Shot 2021-05-08 at 7.31.48 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-05-08 at 7.32.00 PM.png

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.

Thank you so much, John!!! This is great! Please thank the rest of team for tracking down this information. 

0 Likes