cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Garmin Fenix

Any feelings about all the Fitness Watch explosion?

5 Replies

Howdy @AviatorJay! I'm excited about it... and not just because I'm an #REIemployee 🙂 I've seen friends using them as "training buddy" and "motivational coach." I'm very much a fan of my own watch. I now know how far I go with each stroke on my SUP and can get a glimpse on what's around that next corner as I have a model with mapping capability. What do you think?

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

I've used a Garmin Fenix 3 HR for the past few years mountain biking and I've loved it. It auto syncs to Strava and lets me track all my rides. I wasn't big on all the smartwatch features at first, but they are growing on me. Plus, I can brag about taking 23,000 steps when I take my kids to SeaWorld!

I've had Garmin Fenixs for the last few years... huge fan. I'm a bit of data nerd so I love geeking out on the stats, and I use the GPS/map functionality on the 5X Sapphire all the time in the backcountry. It's also tough as nails and doesn't like too worn after lots of hard use.

I have a forerunner 235 and my next one might be the garmin instinct.  I use the 235 to broadcast my heart rate to my Garmin Edge 520 and never have to wear that stupid strap on my chest again.

0 Likes

I have a Garmin Fenix 3 and really enjoy tracking my progress and (ideallly) consistency. Once I have gotten into a good habit of getting out for my trail runs, my data helps me to motivate and get back out there, even on days where I might not be feeling it. Not quite as good as an actual running buddy, but it helps.

Superusers do not speak on behalf of REI and may have received
one or more gifts or other benefits from the co-op.
0 Likes