cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Gamin Edge 130 Plus Radar Tone Alert - louder than Edge 530?

I currently have an Edge 530 and find the Varia Radar tone to be inaudible. I have seen a couple of posts indicating the Edge 130 Plus is quite loud and possibly a lower frequency more audible tone. I know the question is somewhat subjective, but I am trying to determine if an Edge 130 Plus will solve my problem of not being able to hear the Edge 530 radar warning tone. Thanks for any guidance on that.

0 Likes
1 Reply

Hi @rjabend! I'm sorry that you're having difficulty hearing the alerts on your Edge 530.  I have my Varia 510 paired with an Edge 1030 which is quite loud, even in traffic.  Unfortunately, I haven't had the chance yet to try the Edge 130 Plus with my Varia.  I've read on some of the Garmin support forums of people having similar issues that you're experiencing.  Some users have reported that, because of the placement of the speakers on the Edge 530, changing the location of the computer and mount may help. You might also be able to adjust is the Tone of the alert.  Instead of the Single Tone alert, if your system supports mutli-tone alerts, try the Multi-Tone alert as the different tones may help you hear the alert better.  This setting should be found on your computer settings after pairing it with your Varia under "Sensors" > Select your Varia sensor > "Sensor Details" > "Alert Settings" > "Tones".

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes