cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We are currently experiencing issues with logging in and staying logged in, most often with Chrome, We're sorry and are working hard on resolution.
Highlighted

Front Brake Caliper Adjustment on REI Co-OP Step Through 24" Kids Bike

Hi, after receiving and putting the bike together a few days, the entire front brake caliper unit feels much looser when compared to the back brakes. I've tried readjusting all screws, including the barrel adjustments, but it's not solving the overall wiggle. It creates a loud grinding/vibrating/clicking sound when my child rides the bike, which obviously is not going to go over well. The tension when pressing the front brake isn't the same as the back brake either, so something is definitely off. Please let me know if there is anything I can do since I can't take the bike into a store to be tuned up. Thanks!

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted

Hello there @scottvadas !

We appreciate you reaching out to us in the Community!  Sorry to hear you are experiencing some trouble with the new bike.  We do have some great certified bike technicians to support our customers during this time.  They can be reached at cyclinghelp@rei.com.

Please provide them with all of the details that you shared with us and they will get in contact with you as soon as it is possible!  Thanks again for being a part of the Community!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Just emailed them. Thanks for the quick reply!