cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Electric bicycle, a good helper in life.

For a long time, I have been thinking about buying an electric bike, because I am getting older and riding up the mountain is more painful now than it was 30 years ago. A friend of mine recommended LESOOS FatSky Pro to me. The bike itself is very sturdy. I bought it mainly for commuting to get off work in spring/summer/autumn, 8 miles away, so I run 16 miles every day.

Pedal assist is really great. I don't know the feel of a high-end electric bike, but it is perfect for me. With the highest level of pedal assistance, I started working in the same time as driving, and was able to quickly pass all traffic and construction, and when I started, I still felt that I had completed the actual exercise there. The motor stops at around 15 mph, so you can get some help while accelerating, and if you descend below (mainly on steep slopes in my case), you can get some boost. I don't know if this is just my bike or the entire model, but I really feel that pedal assist makes no difference at any level below the maximum. Before it needs to be charged, the battery can last about 40 miles with maximum assistance, and the charging speed is very fast, only a few hours. The gear lever and brake work perfectly, without the need for out-of-the-box adjustments. The seat is very uncomfortable, so you may want to replace it with a more comfortable seat or buy a cushion cover for it.

This bike is very heavy compared to other bikes I have in the past, but you don’t really feel it when you pedal, but it’s a bit difficult to lift it up 3 flights of stairs to my apartment.

Mine has no assembly instructions. I was able to solve it by myself without too much trouble, although anyone with a less mechanical thinking than me might encounter some trouble.

As with any bicycle in a box, you need to fix the wheel at a bike shop or do it yourself if you have the tools, otherwise the wheel will wobble a bit, although you may not notice it until you step on the brakes.

All in all, I am very satisfied with it. So far, I have driven about 150 miles on it and there are no other problems except for the wheels that need to be used out of the box. It is very suitable for my needs, and the price is quite sturdy.

The website I bought: https://www.lesoosebike.com/

0 Likes
0 Replies