cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Does REI offer bike trade-ins?

I have a Salsa TImberjack 27.5 Deore that I would like to trade in. The real axle has been upgraded to a thru axle and also the rim has been upgraded. It needs new tires, I am willing to include a set of Maxxis Minion 27.5x2.8 DHF tires if that brings the price up. I am interested in trading this bike for the COOP DRT 2.2. Thanks in advance

0 Likes
2 Replies

Hi @BlackBear2024 - 

Thanks for reaching out. REI's Used Gear program does include a trade-in program for co-op members, but unfortunately oversized items, including bikes, are excluded.

There are some companies across the country that accept trade-ins or purchase used bikes and we suggest looking into those options for your Salsa Timberjack. 

Let us know if you have any additional questions - including anything about the DRT 2.2 - and we'll be happy to help!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

Craigslist is easiest but possibly most obnoxious, other options to sell a used bike are The Pros Closet, Pinkbike, or /r/BikeShop