cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Re: Do you carry an Electra Bike with 24" wheels?

Hi, 

I'd like to get the Electra bike (Townie or Loft).  I'm 4'11 in height so I'm looking for small size bikes.  On the Electra website, there is 24 inches option (that's what they suggested when I called), but I'm not sure how you list it on REI website.    

This is the one that I'm interested in.  The original Townie 7D, Arctic Blue, 24 inches:  https://www.electrabike.com/bikes/original-7d-7d-eq 

Do you have that or any Townie/Loft bikes in small size at REI?  Please let me know and I'll place an online order. 

Thank you in advance for your help. 

0 Likes
2 Replies

@nakila Thanks for reaching out!

Unfortunately, we do not carry the bike you are looking at in a 24" model. We only carry a couple of models of Electra bikes in the 24" size. Both of those styles are the 'Cruiser' line from Electra and only have one gear. You can take a look at them here:

We do have an option by which our bike shop could order a specific model of Electra bike for you. It is a process we refer to as a 'special order'. The special order depends on vendor availability and must be placed in your local REI store, so you will have to wait until our stores reopen for business.

Hope this helps, thanks!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

@nakila Thanks for getting back to us via email with a few more details!

Let's talk about bike sizes! Kids bikes typically come in four different wheel sizes: 12", 16", 20", and 24". Adult bikes come in several sizes as well: 26", 27.5" (or 650b for a road bike), and 29" (or 700c for a road bike). For kids bikes, the frame sizes get bigger as the wheels get bigger. For adult bikes, each wheel size delivers a different kind of performance depending on conditions (i.e. 700c for road riding, 650b for gravel, 29" for mountain biking, etc). Adult bikes will generally have a size run (s-xl) of different frame sizes that help make the bike fit you.

For someone who is your height, you are right on the edge of a small adult bike and a kids 24" bike. Based on the reviews of the Electra Loft 7d bike, it sounds like at least one person who is 5' tall really enjoys this bike. Additionally, Electra indicates that a size small in the Loft 7d will work for someone from 4'10" to 5'10". It sounds like a size small would likely work great for you!

Hopefully this helps, thanks!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes