cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Diamondback Seat Post Failure

The Diamondback Trac Comp I purchased in December 2016, just had the seat post fail while I was riding on a trainer.  The part sheared off and could no longer hold seat.  

I know it is beyond the year warranty but this is a dangerous flaw.  I broke my wrist falling backwards but it could have been worse if it had happened on a hill or a street.

Broken Diamondback Seat PostBroken Diamondback Seat PostHas this happen to anyone else?  With other bike makers?

Diamondback said sorry but this can't bode well for the reliability of their products, as they didn't seem interested in more details to insure it doesn't happen to someone else.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply

@Thinnek 

We noticed your post and wanted to make sure you'd seen this bullet from our user guidelines:

• If you believe a product sold by REI has a condition or defect that might make it unsafe, please report this safety concern immediately by clicking here or calling 1-800-426-4840 or (253) 891-2500.
At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes