cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We are currently experiencing issues with logging in and staying logged in, most often with Chrome, We're sorry and are working hard on resolution.
Highlighted

Commuting tips and gear!

I commute about 7 miles to work and average around 15-20 miles a day between work and errands, I currently do it with a backpack.

Any tips? 

I live in Phoenix so luckily weather is easy.

Are frame bags as amazing as they look? Do they come big enough for my office clothes and a lunch?

What cool products do I need to be a cool kid?

Labels (2)
10 Replies
Highlighted

If you are bike-commuting, you are already a "cool-kid". No worries there! I agree with others here that a pannier or two is the way to go. I hate having anything on my back when I'm riding, and having your extra weight lower on your ride keeps bike handling issues to a minimum. Even riding with just one pannier heavily loaded - a gallon of milk, plus other groceries - is no problem. I've used one of my Ortlieb Sport Packer Plus bags as my daily commuter bag for the past 8 years or so, and it works perfectly for me - both for commuting, and for errands/groceries. Ortliebs are also waterproof, and extremely durable - if eight years of wear-and-tear/Minnesota weather are any indication - and are super easy to load securely, and remove from a bike rack. Also, no straps to get caught on anything.  Happy travels!

0 Likes