cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

CO-OP DRT 1.2 - Fork Tapered or Straight?

Wondering if the fork on the DRT 1.2 is tapered or straight 1 1/8"?

4 Replies

Probably should still get a employee confirmation, but just looking at the product page photo it very much looks like its tapered.

Superusers do not speak on behalf of REI and may have received
one or more gifts or other benefits from the co-op.

Thanks .... Agreed, it appears to be tapered on the outside. Will pull apart to confirm. Looking at replacing with a rigid mountain for bikepacking.

@TobyOutdoors 

Thanks for reaching out!

We have confirmed that the DRT 1.2 has a tapered head tube, from 1 1/8" to 1 1/2". We hope you come back and share some stories from your bikepacking trips. Do you have any planned in the near future? Personally, the cooler weather has me thinking about squeezing one more trip in before winter really sets in. Not sure if I can make it happen, but it's always fun to dream. Also, we encourage you to check in with your local REI bike shop to ensure the fork you're looking to add to your bike is a good fit.

Hopefully this helps, thanks!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

Thanks so much! Planning to order a CF fork (rigid mountain) and have my local REI install. Yes ... looking into a 3 to 4 day trip (linking 3 rail trails, single track, and some gravel/paved roads. I'll keep you posted. This will be my first bikepacking trip ... I have done a lot of backpacking and know the planned area well. If I could move to where it was FALL all year ... I would move there.

0 Likes