cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Co-op DRT 1.2 bike Kickstand?

I purchased this bike last week and wanted to put a kickstand on this but the two that I tried did not fit the bike . ......  I love the bike and great ride.   What kickstand can I purchase through REI to put on this bike???  Again thank you REI for your great products and service and glad you are open again!!

Pat McClaughry 

0 Likes
3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hey there @pastymon!

Glad to hear you are loving your new bike!  The DRT 1.2 requires a kickstand that mounts on the rear triangle of the bike's frame.  Many bike shops use one like this Sunlite kickstand.  While it is not available on REI.com, I would suggest contacting your local REI bike shop, as they might have it on hand!

Thanks for reaching out to the Community and happy trails!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.

@pastymon 

Hello and welcome! I wanted to call out to you that @HaveKidsWillTravel had the same question about her DRT 1.2 and I thought you might enjoy reading the conversation thread, DRT 1.2 and Thule Yepp Rack

Thank you for joining our community!

@pastymon 

Hi!

Great bike choice! Hehe 

but uh... There seems to not be a single kickstand on the market that installs ON the bike that will work. 
the ones recommended here don’t work. Promise. 
that frame piece you’re trying to attach a kickstand too is 1 5/8” thick... no dice. 

a local bike shop finally told that one they had a bike in the shop with a “telescoping stick” and that’s all he could remember. BUT!! FINALLY!!! 

check out the click-stand. http://www.click-stand.com/

the reviews are awesome. I just ordered mine after taking my bike to 3 local shops (one of which was REI, who was awesome and I actually think I kind of bummed them out that they couldn’t help me on this lol)... 

I also like that this is the safest option too. Since it doesn’t compromise my ride when on a trail. 

I also saw a little stand/prop that holds your pedal to act as a kickstand but I didn’t like this option as much. I can find it again you’re interested. 

good luck!!

4 Replies

Hey there @pastymon!

Glad to hear you are loving your new bike!  The DRT 1.2 requires a kickstand that mounts on the rear triangle of the bike's frame.  Many bike shops use one like this Sunlite kickstand.  While it is not available on REI.com, I would suggest contacting your local REI bike shop, as they might have it on hand!

Thanks for reaching out to the Community and happy trails!

Thank you Aly for your suggestions

0 Likes

@pastymon 

Hello and welcome! I wanted to call out to you that @HaveKidsWillTravel had the same question about her DRT 1.2 and I thought you might enjoy reading the conversation thread, DRT 1.2 and Thule Yepp Rack

Thank you for joining our community!

@pastymon 

Hi!

Great bike choice! Hehe 

but uh... There seems to not be a single kickstand on the market that installs ON the bike that will work. 
the ones recommended here don’t work. Promise. 
that frame piece you’re trying to attach a kickstand too is 1 5/8” thick... no dice. 

a local bike shop finally told that one they had a bike in the shop with a “telescoping stick” and that’s all he could remember. BUT!! FINALLY!!! 

check out the click-stand. http://www.click-stand.com/

the reviews are awesome. I just ordered mine after taking my bike to 3 local shops (one of which was REI, who was awesome and I actually think I kind of bummed them out that they couldn’t help me on this lol)... 

I also like that this is the safest option too. Since it doesn’t compromise my ride when on a trail. 

I also saw a little stand/prop that holds your pedal to act as a kickstand but I didn’t like this option as much. I can find it again you’re interested. 

good luck!!