cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Change the bike seat / saddle for co-op CTY 2.1 bike

Hi all,

I recently got a new co-op  CTY 2.1 bike. I love it and rides great. 

However, I'm finding the bike seat really uncomfortable: its surface material is not very smooth and clings onto my pants, and it's really uncomfortable after riding for more than an hour. 

I've changed its height, position and angle and it didn't help. I never had this issue before, and have ridden only on leather saddle seats before (schwinn). 

Do you know if there are more confortable leather saddles out there that are compatible with the CTY 2.1 bike?

Would REI help me do a proper seat fitting?

Thank you all for any tips!!

0 Likes
5 Replies

important info, height: 5ft6", inseam 30"

0 Likes

Hi,

I know a bit about bicycles. The City Coop can hold a lovely leather saddle. I am sure you can get it fitted at the Shop REI. 

can any leather saddle fit it? do you have a link for one you can share? (thank you!!)

@lili_eridani 

Great question!

All the bike saddles we sell at REI should fit your bike. If you have concerns you can visit your local REI bike shop and ask the bike techs there any questions you may have. Since you said you have adjusted your bike seat, you likely already have the tools needed to replace it.

we'll include men's and women's options to help out any other folks who may come across this thread in the future. Here are a couple of leather options you could look at:

Hopefully this helps, thanks!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.

@lili_eridani 

Thanks for reaching out, although we're sorry to hear it's because your bike seat is uncomfortable!

The good news is that you have a couple of options to help find a bike seat that will work better for you. We have also had a couple of conversations about bike saddles here in the community, we encourage you to check out these posts:

One important thing to remember is that your sit bones, not your height or inseam, are going to determine the best saddle for you. You can visit your local REI bike shop to have a conversation about seats or you can even schedule a virtual outfitting appointment to get one-on-one service from the comfort of your own home. Lastly, we encourage you to read this Expert Advice article: How to Choose a Bike Seat, which has lots of good information that can help you choose the right saddle for you.

Hopefully this helps, thanks!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.