cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Cannondale Treadwell 2 Remixte Bike

just received my bike and I’m attempting to install the front tire, however the skewer will no go through the tire.  Is there something I’m doing wrong? 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

@Teeztrg Thanks for your patience as we got that one figured out. Thanks for emailing to let us know we got it solved! Enjoy that new bike!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes
9 Replies

@Teeztrg Thanks for reaching out!

We're sorry you're having this issue with your new bike. We'd like to clarify some details if you don't mind:

• You have the front wheel installed correctly and aligned, but the skewer will not go through?
  • Are you starting the skewer on the brake side?
  • Is there anything that looks mis-aligned or out of place?

Thanks for taking the time to answer our questions. Feel free to upload a photo into the community if you think that might help!

0 Likes

@REI-JohnJ Hi John thanks for replying 

To be clear the skewer does not go through the tire on or off of the frame.

its not the frame it’s the tire.  

0 Likes

thanks for responding 

the skewer does not go through the tire 

there is no exit for the skewer in the other side.

the frame is fine .. it’s the tire

0 Likes

@Teeztrg Thanks for getting back to me so quickly!

If you look through the hub of the wheel can you see through it? Is there a chance the hub is bent?

0 Likes

@REI-JohnJ Hi again - No I cannot see through it.  It’s not bent. It’s just closed. 

0 Likes

@Teeztrg 

Hm, this is a tricky one. It's hard to know what the issue is without seeing the bike in front of me. Thank you for including a picture! It is a 5mm hex through axle, however, the skewer typically inserts much further than that before you need to begin tightening with the hex wrench. Your best bet at this point is to email cyclinghelp@rei.com or to give your local REI bike shop a call if it is open. Whereabout are you located?

0 Likes

748DFF95-0370-4BD5-B906-D184D4F3F9D4.jpeg

0 Likes

There is no exit on the other side .. here’s a pic it’s closed 

769A7BE4-7AC3-4ED6-A36E-76892077D57F.jpeg

0 Likes

@Teeztrg Thanks for your patience as we got that one figured out. Thanks for emailing to let us know we got it solved! Enjoy that new bike!

0 Likes