cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Cannondale Topstone Sora replacement rear wheel

Hello,

I have tried my LBS (local bike shop) and looking online, but haven't had much luck with this.  I  need a replacement rear wheel for my Cannondale Topstone Sora.  It is thru axle, 12x142mm, 700cc, 9 gear Shimano cassette.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Andrej

0 Likes
4 Replies

One other important piece of information needed is brake style: I'm assuming disc brake given the thru-axle but is it 6-bolt pattern or centerlock?

Also do you know the rim width? It should be marked on your old wheel with 622×W where W is the width in millimeters.

Superusers do not speak on behalf of REI and may have received
one or more gifts or other benefits from the co-op.
0 Likes

Hi TomV,

It is a 622x19C and a thru axle.  I went to my LBS and they were trying to sell me a $600 rim, looking closer to $250-300.

Thanks,

Andrej

0 Likes

I also work at a shop, so I had a look through our wholesaler's catalogs and that's where the real problem is, there just isn't many wheels available with your specs. Like, our shop couldn't even place a backorder right now if we wanted to with ETAs listed of December for us to even place an order, until you get into some expensive ones. So I'm guessing your LBS was just offering you the cheapest they can even find right now...

Wish I had better news for you, but looks like you're just gonna have to keep a look out with persistent searching.

Superusers do not speak on behalf of REI and may have received
one or more gifts or other benefits from the co-op.
0 Likes

Many thanks, I used to build bikes back in my racing days, maybe I will cobble something together.  Be a good project for me.  Ak

0 Likes