cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Bicycle shorts - advice on sizing

Hi,

I'm trying to find a pair of mountain bicycle shorts that will fit me. I ordered an XXL size of the Ether Zoic shorts which were too large. I then tried a pair of Zoic Sessions shorts, size XL, which were too small. Do you have any suggestions of brands that might fit larger (an XL would then fit) or smaller (an XXL would then fit) as compared to the Zoic brand of shorts. Thanks, Bob

0 Likes
4 Replies

@ross4309 sorry to hear that sizing hasn't been easy in picking a new pair of mountain bike shorts. Without knowing for sure if you want a pair of shorts with or without a padded liner, here are a few suggestions of shorts with the liner and recommended sizes:

We have also begun reopening many of our stores for in-store shopping, as fit is tricky online, if you wanted to come in and try some different options on!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

I would have tried the Patagonia shorts but the only sizes listed go up to only 36. I think a large 38 might fit but not a 36. Thanks, Bob

0 Likes

They were supposed to open a store in Wichita, KS this spring, but it has been put off. Do you know when they might be planning to open it?

0 Likes

@ross4309 

At this time we are hoping to open the new Wichita, Kansas store sometime later this summer. Keep an eye on our REI Stores pages for more up to date information as we get closer to opening. We know the store team is excited to welcome customers to the new store!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes