cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Membership now as great as the outdoors!
Already a member? Take a look at the Co-op Members section of the community.
Ready to join? Explore all of the benefits here.

Best cycling trails to live by in Florida?

Hope everyone is well. I am recently retired (52 year old) looking to move from NJ to FL or SC. I am an avid cyclist and looking for the best cycling trails to live by in Florida. Really leaning towards the Clermont area. Any input would be appreciated!

Thanks

0 Likes
2 Replies

Hi @TommyH - Thanks for reaching out! 

I came across this article just now and remembered seeing your question, so I wanted to pass it along: A Swamp and 60 Feet - The Biking Community in Florida's Bone Valley. If that isn't an area you're interested in, you could contact the Swamp Mountain Bike Club that was mentioned to ask for some more suggestions or contacts in the state. 

Hopefully some other Floridians will weigh in with their suggestions as well. 

Good luck on your search!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

REI-Cart C;

Thanks for your link to a Florida biking article in your response. I gave up looking for decent MTB trails maybe 15 years ago and it was only recently I starting looking again and it has changed. I spend parts of the winter there and road bike almost daily.

Starkey Wilderness Park west of Clemont has I think 10 miles of MTB trails if that is what you are looking for. If you are looking for "paved" type trails, the Pinellas Trail in the St Petersburg- Clearwater area is a main part of a system of continuous trails perhaps 100 miles long running from downtown St Pete, through Clearwater and north to the Starkey area. This connects to other trails running into Tampa and elsewhere and to less busy rural roads.

0 Likes