cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Best bike for kid's seat

We got a Thule Ridealong kids seat from a neighbor, but we both have Cannondale Caad 10's and think we should get something sturdier to attach the seat to.

Thinking a hybrid bike would be best - we live in Queens, NY, so roads aren't always the best. Other plot twist is that my wife is 5'0 and I'm 5'7. Is it even possible to share a bike frame (with adjustable seat, obviously)??

Any recommendations are much appreciated!

0 Likes
1 Reply

@ssimons00 Thanks for reaching out!

The Thule Ridealong BIke Seat is a really fun way to get your kiddo outside and enjoying your bike rides with you! There should be a solution for you and your wife and I agree that a hybrid bike would be the best place to start. I used the Ridealong Seat with my daughter when she was little and she loved it. It is particularly comfortable when roads aren't the best as it has some suspension built in. 

In terms of the size of the bike, I would recommend going in to your local REI store and bringing the child seat with you to make sure everything will work together. While less than ideal in terms of fit, it is possible to share a bike frame between two people. You'll both want to take it for a test ride to be sure you'll be comfortable. If you are going to choose a single bike that you will share with another person be sure to consider a bike that has a step through frame. It can make it much easier to get on and off the bike with your kiddo in the seat as you don't need to lean the bike over to get in the saddle.

I hope this helps, have fun out there!

John

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes