cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Advice on a bike for an 11 year old

Hi,

I'm looking for a bike for my 11-year-old daughter that is 5 ft 1-1/2 inches tall. I have previously purchased bikes there before and have been happy. Please advise on the size and an economical choice for family rides in the park with gears and hand brakes. Thank you. 

Maggie

0 Likes
1 Reply

@maggiea thanks for reaching out about a bike for your daughter! We had a recent conversation here in the community with another member looking for a similar recommendation - you might find our advice there helpful! When you say "riding through the park," do you think you'll mostly be riding on concrete or gravel paths? A few models you might consider for your daughter, likely in an XS frame (although she might be able to fit a SM frame, depending on the model):

Hope this helps to get you started! Let us know if you have any additional questions.

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes