cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Adding rear rack to CTY 2.1

Hi! I could use some advice on how to install a Topeak rear rack to my CTY 2.1. It isn't clear to me where the attachment point is on the bike frame. I see a couple of unused screw holes near the rear hub as options but I'm really not sure if these are the proper place to mount the rack (I see where the rack can be screwed in near the seat). I've been looking at various videos of this rack being installed but the attachment points don't look the same as on my bike. I definitely don't want to install it the wrong way and have it become a safety issue. Thanks for your help!

0 Likes
2 Replies

Hey @amgallow,

Sounds like you correctly installed part of the rack to the eyelets on the seat stay (near the seat). Next, you'll need to install the lower part of the rack to the eyelets on the dropout (near the hub). You'll want to attach the rack to the eyelet on top (the highest eyelet), because the lower eyelet is usually used to install a rear fender.

Now, installing a rack is sometimes best described in person, so you might want to take the bike to your local bike shop to confirm you've installed the rack properly. I know our REI bike technicians are very experienced installing racks, and they would be glad to take a look.

Let me know how the install goes and if you have more questions as well. I hope you're out riding with your new rack soon!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

Thanks for your response, Johnny! I will definitely take your advice and bring it in to REI for assistance as I can't quite get this rack on securely enough for my liking. 

0 Likes