cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

How to: Link your REI membership to your online account (and earn the Member badge)

Want to show off your co-op member status with a cool member badge here in the community?! And be able to join the member-only section of Conversations?! To earn it, you just need to link your REI membership to your online account. To do this, follow these steps: 

• On REI.com, click on “Sign in” and enter your email address and password; if you are already signed in, click on “My Account” instead 
  • Once you are signed in, click on “My account,” then click “Link your REI member number” 
  • On the next page, enter your member number (or use the look-up tool if you don’t know it); if you’re not already a co-op member, you can easily follow the steps to join! 

badge-founding-member.png

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
13 Replies

I do not see My Account anywhere. Is help from R.E.I. available. I see that others also have the same problem. Thank you

0 Likes

@KikkoMae we're sorry for the confusion. If you are on REI.com, you will see "Sign In" or "My Account" (image below may help) where you can ensure your membership is linked to your online account. If your membership is attached, a sign-in and sign-out of the community usually fixes the issue!

REI-JenK_0-1615503208401.png

0 Likes

It says I was denied to become a member....email address removed by moderator

0 Likes

Hi @loveallhiking - Thanks for reaching out, though we’re sorry its because you're unable to access the member section. The Access Denied message appears if a member number is not associated with an account. This could happen in the following instances:

• the REI.com account you used to login to Conversations with is registered under a different e-mail address than your membership account
  • your REI membership number has not been linked to the account you’re using.

When you go to REI.com and click ‘My Account’ in the top right corner, is your member number listed under your name? If yes, Conversations may not have recognized it yet and signing in and out could clear up the problem.

If your member number does not show under your name, you will need to follow the steps in this thread's original post to link it to your account.

Let us know if these steps don’t work and we will be happy to assist you further. Thanks!

0 Likes