cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

About: Error messages when posting/replying in the community

Every once in a while, you might encounter an error message when trying to post a new thread or reply to an existing one. Here are some tips we've found can help:

• If you have included a hyperlink in your post and get an error message, try removing the hyperlink and instead paste the full URL
  • Try signing in and out of your account
  • Try clearing your browser's cache

Additionally, there are some posts where we do not allow replies.

We hope this information helps!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
3 Replies

FWIW, I also found that, when getting the hyperlink error, changing the target from "Open in New Page" to "Open in Current Page" resolves the error.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Between every two pine trees there is a door leading to a new way of life.” (John Muir)

Superusers do not speak on behalf of REI and may have received
one or more gifts or other benefits from the co-op.

Get OUT!  Really?  That's good info, and I will try that.  I actually prefer a new page, but...

Thank you @Dad_Aint_Hip !  

I'm still getting the "this widget could not be displayed" message. I can only see posts that appear under the "conversations" menu or something that appears in my notifications. If I go to any of the sub menus I get this message. 

0 Likes