cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Trying something new

Hi everyone. Those of you have read some of my posts before may recall that I have many outdoor interests, including hiking, biking, kayaking, camping...Some of you may also recall that in April/May of this year I was out of commission for a while after having bypass surgery.  I've already returned to enjoying those activities on a regular basis.

Well, I've just added another activity to my repertoire.  Bouldering.  Right now I am practicing in a gym setting, but plan on taking this outside as soon as I have improved my technique.  As I gain more skill and comfort level, I may want to expand to trying some top-roping climbs also.

Not bad for only a couple months out from major surgery, if I do say so myself.  😁received_551018296256983.jpegreceived_2945761895697517.jpeg  

Superusers do not speak on behalf of REI and may have received
one or more gifts or other benefits from the co-op.
Labels (2)
4 Replies

Congratulations on your recovery and your new interest. I agree new interest keep a person sharp and less complacent.

0 Likes

Congratulations….Well done!

My vote, for the most inspirational message of the month!

👍

0 Likes

Congratulations on your recovery! Climb-on!

REI Member Since 1979 YouTube.com/philreedshikes

That looks like a lot of fun, @Rob6 

I have a fear of heights so rock climbing is out for me but bouldering seems more suited to me. I have tennis elbow in my right arm so I am hesitant to do anything to make it worse but, I suspect, I'll find myself in a gym sometime this winter.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Between every two pine trees there is a door leading to a new way of life.” (John Muir)

Superusers do not speak on behalf of REI and may have received
one or more gifts or other benefits from the co-op.