cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

El Cap

Howdy,

I have aspirations to climb El Cap. I know this will just stay intentions unless I make a plan and goals to work toward. I am moderately experienced and have a rope and basic gear but not much else. Basically, I am reaching out to see if anyone out there would be able to give me advice to practically lay out what it takes to get to that point and the steps I need to take to get there. I am planning on doing it in a few years. I can be contacted via direct message here in the community. Thanks so much.

Respectfully,

calebgcarter25

Labels (1)
3 Replies

@calebgcarter25, thanks for looking to connect with others in our community!

As we work to help protect the privacy of our members, we have removed your personal information and recommend instead that other members reach you via direct message.

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.
0 Likes

thank you!

I just returned from a brief vacation in CA. We visited Yosemite and had an opportunity to talk to some climbers. You May want to start by looking into the training offered there. https://www.yosemite.com/what-to-do/yosemite-mountaineering-school-guide-service/

0 Likes