cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
REI is actively reviewing its policies and procedures per the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's new guidance for COVID-19.
As we have since the start of the pandemic, we’ll continue to prioritize the health and safety of our employees, customers and communities.

Climbing Shoes, Bigger sizes for Women!

Shopping around for climbing shoes. I find it very hard to believe that REI doesn't sell women climbing shoes bigger than 9US/ 41EU. I barely make the cut (at least for Scarpa brand) with 9.5/41.5. I was specifically looking at the Scarpa Arpia/ Vapor V as I have been climbing for a while and I want to upgrade to a slightly more aggressive shoes

Im considering buying men's shoes instead (though Im picky on the colors). What are people's thoughts?

2 Replies

My daughter (mostly) wears mens shoes for her cleats, sandals, etc. It is basically whatever fits best for her. She wears a similar size as you, perhaps a bit larger.

@ladeda_helen one thing to consider as you contemplate switching to a men's shoe is that they will likely run wider than the women's counterpart. If you have wider feet, the wider men's shoe might be a welcomed relief; however if you have average or narrow feet, the men's versions may be too sloppy. 

Here's a quick list of women's climbing shoes that we carry in sizes 9.5 and up. As you noted, there isn't a Scarpa model so if you are committed to Scarpa as a brand, you could inquire at your local REI store about placing a special order.

Hope this helps a bit!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.