cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Borah Peak, ID 12,662ft advise?

HI, I would like to know is there any info/beta for Borah peak in Idaho (12,662ft)? any gear needed? camping at the bottom? I'm planning on summiting it in July 2021 and I cant find much info on it. Thank you!!

Connor Andreasen
Labels (1)
0 Likes
5 Replies

I know absolutely nothing about Borah Peak, but I would start with Google Earth and a relevant topo sheet 1:25000 or so....

Superusers do not speak on behalf of REI and may have received
one or more gifts or other benefits from the co-op.
0 Likes

I  forgot about Wikipedia!!  There is a trail most of the way; also involves a class 4 arete, ice axe recommended in season

Superusers do not speak on behalf of REI and may have received
one or more gifts or other benefits from the co-op.
0 Likes
0 Likes

Hi @candreasen101 - Thanks for bringing this question to the community! I haven't summited Borah myself, but had eyes on it while I was in Ketchum a while back. Conditions didn't end up in our favor, so we headed elsewhere. 

You will want to check in with someone knowledgable and local to see how the weather has been, especially in regards to getting to and passing the "snow bridge". There is also some beta on Summit Post's Borah Peak article that you may find valuable.

Hopefully someone else in the community will be able to weigh in with their experience too!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.

Thank you for the comment and update?

Connor Andreasen
0 Likes