cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Our newest store is now open! Welcome REI Orland Park!

We are so excited to announce the opening of our newest REI location in Orland Park!

We would love to hear from folks who have been to the store. Feel free to comment here with your photos or stories! If you can't be there in person, feel free to check out the new store in this virtual tour. If you'd like more information about the store or the grand opening festivities, please take a look at the Orland Park store page here.

Screen Shot 2021-08-27 at 11.10.26 AM.png

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes
5 Replies

@Dad_Aint_Hip 

Did you manage to make any of the grand opening festivities? If so, any stories to share?

0 Likes

Haven't made it in yet, but this one is only about 30ish minutes from me, so I will be stopping by.

Landscape / Nature Photographer in training
https://hpopik.myportfolio.com/

@REI-JohnJ - I am really disappointed but I wasn't able to go! AAAAARGH

About a month ago, we suddenly found ourselves with the opportunity to buy a new house and have had to move quickly with packing, inspections, etc. So my past few weekends have been wrapped up in that (haven't even hit a trail in over a month).

But I just tell myself that I can make up for it after the move when we have a larger house to store all the stuff I am going to buy when I finally get to visit. LOL

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Between every two pine trees there is a door leading to a new way of life.” (John Muir)

Superusers do not speak on behalf of REI and may have received
one or more gifts or other benefits from the co-op.

@Dad_Aint_Hip 

Congrats on the new house! As someone who recently went through that process I know how time consuming that can be. I hope you're getting settled in!

0 Likes

@REI-JohnJ 

Thanks. We close on the new one in a week and a half. The new house has a finished basement and the previous owners put cedar shakes on the wall. My wife says it looks like the 70s. I told her it looks like I can go to REI and completely furnish it in a PNW-theme and get camp chairs, cots, and other camping gear.

She doesn't share my vision.

Oh well, at least I tried to add to the new store's revenue. 🤣

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Between every two pine trees there is a door leading to a new way of life.” (John Muir)

Superusers do not speak on behalf of REI and may have received
one or more gifts or other benefits from the co-op.
Join the community
Other boards in this category