cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

New Adventures (Chicago area)

Hello all!

My name is Jen and I live in the suburbs of Chicago. I went to school in Wisconsin/Minnesota and really enjoy being active and the outdoors. I have found it super challenging to meet people with common interests, especially during the pandemic. I would love to connect with locals and get into anything active! 

4 Replies

Hi @Jen31 - there are a few of us here from Chicagoland (I'm in Naperville, myself). Welcome!

Have you joined any of the local Meetups? There is a pretty active backpacking group that has a (for now) virtual monthly meeting. Likely to have some trips starting in the Fall when it gets cooler

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Between every two pine trees there is a door leading to a new way of life.” (John Muir)

Superusers do not speak on behalf of REI and may have received
one or more gifts or other benefits from the co-op.
0 Likes

@Dad_Aint_Hip - Cool! Thanks for the info. When is the next zoom meeting/can I have the info! 

0 Likes

You bet! I've only been a member for under a year but they're a good group of people with a lot of experience and knowledge - AND they're really happy to share that wisdom

https://www.meetup.com/Chicago-Backpackers 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Between every two pine trees there is a door leading to a new way of life.” (John Muir)

Superusers do not speak on behalf of REI and may have received
one or more gifts or other benefits from the co-op.
0 Likes

I live in the far north suburbs.  Welcome to the area.  Must be a big change from Wisconsin and Minnesota!

You'll also find paddling groups, hiking groups, and biking groups on MeetUp.com.  Just about anything you want.  The groups out of Chicago are many,varied, (pre-Covid) very active.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Found Myself Outside
Join the community
Other boards in this category