cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Where to camp in Central Florida in Nov/Dec/Jan?

Just moved to Central FL, just outside Orlando, and looking for tried-and-true camping locations for Nov/Dec/Jan. If anyone knows of any spots they recommend, I'd love to try and get something booked soon!

Also, the Winter Park REI in Orlando needs to get some events going - this is some of the best weather Florida gets!

0 Likes
2 Replies

Hi @MacD - Thanks for reaching out! I'm not local to the Orlando area, but have spent some time roaming around there in the fall. The springs in the area have always been a favorite of mine for camping destinations, especially during the cooler weather you're talking about. Silver Springs State Park and Rainbow Springs State Park are both really interesting spots that I suggest looking into. 

Hopefully some other Floridians will weigh in here as well! @toddmac, do you have any recommendations to share? 

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.

This is great, thank you @REI-CarterC! I'll check those out and see if there are any convenient openings coming up.

Hopefully the REI in Orlando gets more engaged to bring members out during one of the best times of year in FL!

Join the community
Other boards in this category