cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Are there any options for cross country skiing or snowshoeing lessons in Massachusetts?

Hello,

I am wondering if REI offers cross country skiing lessons at remote locations.  I am a member of my town's recreation commission and we are interested in offering a cross country ski/snowshoe clinic for people in our town.  We have lots of open spaces to do this in our suburban/rural community in Central MA.  If you don't do this, do you have any recommendations for other locations to contact?  Thanks so much.

Diane McMorrow

0 Likes
2 Replies

@dmcmorrow Hello Diane, thanks for reaching out!

Cross country skiing and/or snowshoeing is a great way to get some exercise and experience the beauty of winter in a new way. I have some really fond memories of getting out in the winter in Massachusetts when I lived there! 

While REI does not typically host cross country skiing or snowshoeing lessons at remote locations, we have reached out to our local team to see what ideas they can send your way. They'll respond here in the community soon.

Thanks for working hard to help people get outside!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

@dmcmorrow Thanks for your patience as we tracked down some more information.

Our REI experiences team in New England uses the Weston Ski Track as the primary location for teaching Cross Country Skiing. We are planning to start running programs there in January. While we do occasionally organize private sessions at unique locations for many of our other activities, that proves very challenging to do with snow programming due to unreliable conditions in the winter. One of the reasons Weston Ski Track works so well for ski programs is because they produce their own snow. One group that you may want to reach out to is the Western Massachusetts Cross Country Ski Area Association, who may have some helpful advice for you as well.

Hopefully this helps, thanks!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes
Join the community
Other boards in this category