cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Women's sleeping bag recommendation for creating a double bag

Hi,

I have a Men's REI Radiant 19 Degree 600 fill Left Zip Sleeping Bag. I would like to buy my female partner a similar bag. Ideally, one that can zip together with my bag for a dual set-up.

Not sure if this option exists with my Radiant. Suggestions most welcome

Todd

0 Likes
3 Replies

Hey there @tgartner7!

Thanks for starting this conversation here in the Community! 

Good news...most REI bags are designed to zip together as you imagined.  You'll find that our women's bags have a right zip, making it ideal to zip together with your left zipper.  Based off the bag that you have, I think the Serrana (down insulation) or the Zephyr (synthetic insulation) would be great options!

This article also provides guidance in selecting a sleeping bag.  You might find it helpful for narrowing down what will be best with your partner in mind.  As a reminder, it is best to stick with the same brand for them to smoothly zip together.

Hope this helps! 

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

Thanks - one follow-up question.

The Women's Magma 15 ($379) vs Serrana 20 ($164) - I assume either would zip into the Men's Radiant 19? Is the Magma really worth the extra money? Obviously it's warmer, but $200 better?

Thanks

Todd

0 Likes

@tgartner7 yes, both styles should be compatible with the zipper on the Men's Radiant! The main reason why you might consider the Magma over the Serrana will be the weight, bulk, and warmth of the bags. The Magma is a pound lighter, will pack down smaller and runs a bit warmer than the Serrana. So if weight and space are at a premium in your pack, and you want the extra warmth without any extra weight/bulk, the Magma would be a better choice. Hope this helps!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes