cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

What tent replaced the REI Quarterdome 3?

I have a Quarterdome 3 and was going to recommend it to a friend, but I see Quarterdomes have been discontinued.  What would be the most similar REI brand model that is still in production?  I like the 3 person tents for 2 people because people like me kind of wiggle around a bit at night and I'm not trying to scale Everest so I don't mind the extra fabric weight.

0 Likes
3 Replies

Hi @osuhomebase - Thanks for reaching out! Due to higher than anticipated demand and constraints on manufacturing timelines, we currently only have 2 and 4 person REI tent models available. The Half Dome 2+ Print tent has slightly less floor area than your Quarterdome 3, but the REI tent pole architecture really maximizes the available interior space. A friend and I actually brought one of them on a backpacking trip this weekend and felt we had plenty of room to spread out while hiding from the evening cold!

If you are not only looking for REI branded items, the Marmot Hatchback 3 offers very similar floor and head space and also has a spacious vestibule like the Quarterdome 3. The Big Agnes Tiger Wall UL3 is another great option that would give you the space you're looking for and even saves that weight you mentioned! Let us know if you want any more suggestions and we can help out.

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

@osuhomebase since you don't mind a little more weight than the REI Quarterdome 3, we'd also recommend checking out the Marmot Limelight 3P Tent, which is also 3-season, similarly priced, slightly heavier, has a full cover rainfly, and the footprint is included!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

Hah I actually also have that Limelight and like it as well.  We have 3 little kids and end up doing Adult + Baby in one tent and Adult + 2 little guys in the other.  Having smaller tents allows us to still own backpacking sized tents and also do some car camping with everyone.

0 Likes