cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

What is your go to Camping Coffee/Caffeine system?

Hey everyone! It's nice to start the day with a warm pick me up. Typically when camping I use an instant coffee for the ease of use, speed, low weight and space.

Does anyone have a favorite type/brand of instant coffee and for those that believe that instant coffee is a crime and I should be locked up, how do you prepare your morning drink?

Thanks!

paul trusty
Labels (3)
44 Replies

I have tried them all, espresso pot, french press, coffee pot, ect. By chanch a came across something called a MyJo. small and compact it uses K-cup pods. If your againstthe use of K-cups use the screened K-cup that comes with and use your oun ground coffee. I camp from a motorcycle and space on the bike is a premium and the MyJo has been my best find yet for a GREAT cup of coffee. Paid $13.00 for mine over 2 years ago and it still works like new.MoJo front and center of the stoveMoJo front and center of the stove

Another vote for Starbucks Via. Easy, compact and strong.

0 Likes

We love Starbucks French Roast in a french press.  Boiling water on the Colman, and a splash of sweet Italian creamer from the cooler.

0 Likes

Trader Joes Instant Coffee packs for the win! You get 10 for about $2, and they have creamer and sugar already included. My boyfriend is a black coffee drink and he still loves this stuff! Lightweight for backpacking and I always keep a box in my camping bin!

I'm all about the Starbucks VIA packets for long trips - especially when I've got cold water around for an iced coffee. If I'm glamping and want the real deal my lil AreoPress is my go-to. 

0 Likes

Instant only way for me. Use Smith's " one of the perks". Quick, tasteful, and I'm on my way.

0 Likes

Trader Joes also has some great instant coffee in the form of little packets with some cream and sugar already. Plus it's cheaper than Starbucks, $1.99 for 10.

0 Likes

I agree with instant coffee. I usually take Folgers (like tea bags), powered cream and honey as a sweetener. 

0 Likes

My only two extras I take with me on every overnighter, one night or a dozen; my old 7+ year old Kelty camp chair and my Snow Peak Titanium Press. Together they add up to maybe 12 ounces of pure unadulterated happiness. The chair I roll around my tent to protect it and keeps me from sitting/kneeling in the dirt or on an uncomfortable log/rock and the Snow Peak gives me two steaming cups of coffee every morning while I'm sitting in it, summer or winter. Two heaping teaspoons of a strong coffee and you are ready to go, and the grounds get buried with the morning doodie. BINGO!

They have this pour over coffee that was light weight and was dependable. I used it when I did my 100 mile section hike in VA.

0 Likes