Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Thermarest sleeping pad inflation bag?


I currently own a Thermarest Trail Scout that I use in the colder months in conjunction with another pad. That being said, I know other brands offer "inflation bags" that you use to fill up the pad so that you are not blowing moisture into the pad which causes it to lose its insulation. 

3 Replies


Thanks for reaching out! 

Depending on which year your Trail Scout is and, most importantly, what kind of valve it has, you may have a few options. It looks like the current version of the Therm-a-Rest Trail Scout sleeping pad uses Thermarest's 'wing-lock' valve. The Therm-a-Rest NeoAir Micro Pump is compatible with the 'wing-lock' valve and could be an option for inflating your pad without using your breath. While REI does not carry it, Therm-a-Rest does make a BlockerLite Pump Sack that is also compatible with the 'wing lock' valve. If you have an older model of the Trail Scout, you likely have a traditional 'twist valve' which, unfortunately, is not compatible with these pumps.

Hopefully this helps, thanks!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.

Actually yes this helps! I have the older style which means no bueno for a pump sack. However it at least gives me an excuse when I explain a new pad purchase to me my wife 😄



One of the greatest skills I have as an outdoorsperson is the ability to justify new gear purchases!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.