cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Tent pole configuration on REI Quarter Dome T1

I have a REI Quarter Dome T1 I purchased new in 2015. The shock cord for the tent poles rotted and now I can’t figure out the configuration to get it back together with new shock cord. Does anyone have this tent where they could reply with a photo of the tent poles bound in the shock cord?  The little pivot plastic piece plus the anchor piece midway on the silver pole makes this unusually difficult. 

Mostly boating and thinking about fishing, sometimes fishing and thinking about boating...
19 Replies

@Gregfromga 

Thanks for reaching out!

Here is a link to the 2015 version of the REI Co-op Quarter Dome 1. I'm not sure if this will help as the picture isn't very big, however, you can zoom in on specific sections which may give you the detail you need.

Hopefully this helps, thanks!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.

Thanks - I had scoured the internet and YouTube and this was the best photo that I could find.  Unfortunately the silver sections are two different segment lengths and the end pieces are also two different lengths so I won't be able to reverse engineer anything from that picture.  

Hopefully someone has this tent sitting around and they would be a hero and take a picture of the tent poles folded as they come out of the sack and I could use that as a guide.

Mostly boating and thinking about fishing, sometimes fishing and thinking about boating...
0 Likes

We're so close!  I still have my Quarter Dome from 2012ish and the poles and shock cords are in perfect shape.  I'm about to retire it and would gift the poles to you, but the T1 looks to be a bit different configuration than the model I have 

Keep Calm and Paddle On

Wow, thanks for considering that @KayakTony  - yeah it looks like there are more than one configurations of this tent.  In scouring YouTube I saw the ones with doors on each side.  Mine is the one with a door on one side, so there is only one orange pole assembly.

0 Likes

This is my layout - my poles are in perfect shape, I just need to put them back together in order with new shock cord but since the poles are 'free range' now I can't figure out the layout.  I am assuming you have a different version of this tent - the one that has two doors?  Hoping that the photo appears below:

Screen Shot 2021-04-22 at 10.36.00 AM.png

I can't see the photo, but yeah, my tent has a door on each side and dual vestibulesREI QD.jpg

Keep Calm and Paddle On

I have the above qdt2 also bought around 2015 (maybe earlier), I lost my poles and REI recommended a firm that does replacements for the qd,, maybe someone there remembers that firm.

good luck

REI Member Since 1979 YouTube.com/philreedshikes
0 Likes

It is Tentpole Technologies  from here

They are a small shop and it is almost certainly better to call them than rely on communicating through their website