cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Table for using my biolite camp stove and/or another car camping stove

I'm looking for a sturdy, yet lightweight table that I can use specifically for using a small stove on.  There are no comments made regarding the use of camping tables for placing stoves on top.  I do not want any plastic to melt.  Are there camp tables that do not melt, within reasonable cooking temperatures of stoves?

3 Replies

Hi @Hometrip !

Thanks for reaching out to the Community with your question! There are indeed some tables made with the purpose of cooking in mind. Here are a few to consider that might work depending on your specific needs. 

REI Camp Roll Table 

GCI Compact Camp Table 

Alps Mountaineering Camp Table 

Mountain Summit Gear Roll Top Camp Kitchen 

Hope this helps point you in the right direction! 

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.

I have this, maybe called old and retro now, bright red, heavy duty plastic, folding-into-a-suitcase, camping table, which I purchased in the very early 80's.  (new model pictured below).

I don't care what my wife says, I'll NEVER part with it.

But it sure came in handy, car camping, with no campground picnic tables!

Philreedshikes_0-1587915214772.png

REI Member Since 1979 YouTube.com/philreedshikes

@Hometrip Thanks for reaching out!

I have owned the REI Co-op Camp Roll Table for years now and, while it is a bit dirtier than it was when I first got it, I am continually shocked at how durable it has been. It gets packed on every car camping trip I take and I have used several different stoves (Coleman Two Burner, two different Biolite stoves, MSR Reactor and Windburner) on it without issue. It is made with aluminum tubing and thus has had no issues, for me, with heat from the stove. If fact, it is on my back deck right now for the specific use of being the place I put the lid to my Biolite Basecamp Stove when it is hot and I need to put it down somewhere.

One other option you could consider is the BioLite FireMat, which I have under my Basecamp Stove to protect the wood on the deck from the heat. 

Hope this helps!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.