cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Survey: How many legs make you most cautious?

When you are camping out in the wilderness, what visiting creature possessing how many legs, are you most cautious of?

A.  0 Legs

B.  2 Legs

C.  4 Legs

D.  8 Legs

E. >10 Legs

F.  All of the above

7 Replies

A & D.  I usually know what to do for B, C, & E, but I may not see A or D stop by.

(You may want to include 6 for insects.)

Superusers do not speak on behalf of REI and may have received
one or more gifts or other benefits from the co-op.

Ranked in order from "leave me the &#*$ alone" to "y'all just stay over there, if you please":

1. A
  2. D
  3. C

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Between every two pine trees there is a door leading to a new way of life.” (John Muir)

Reasonably cautious of all critters, however many legs they may possess.  Especially when in the water near my usual stomping ground, especially watchful for 0 legged critters - sharks, killer whales

B and C

B because I listen to too many crime podcasts and solo backpacking can get spooky 😬

C because...

bears.jpg

😄

Not in bear country so B. The rest are neighbors. 

BF451063-7AA3-457D-8917-DFAD06601834.jpeg

C. Down in the desert Southwest the dreaded & legendary Chupacabra is the backpacker’s worst nightmare 😉

In order, B, E, and A 

Human beings can be sheisty, centipedes and millipedes freak me out so much more than spiders or other insects *shudder* and snakes always tend to want to nap in places I can't see them until we're too close for their comfort, and mine.