cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Sleeping bags for the small adult

Hello! I was wondering if anybody knew about a sleeping bag that was the best for a 5'3" person who doesn't have a lot of mass? I have a regular length mummy style bag that's too long for me and while it works, if I sleep in it "normally" my feet are always cold unless it's already warm outside. I somehow can curl up inside it to mostly solve the problem which I assume it's not something you're supposed to be able to do. It also messes up the draft tube's effectiveness and I want to find something more my size. I'm aware it might not exist, but I'm asking anyway.  Thanks for your time!

2 Replies

Hi @Forest_Fever_11 - Thanks for bringing this question to the community!

There are a few different avenues you could go to find a sleeping bag that will keep you (and your feet!) warm, in addition to some tips that may help beyond the bag itself. For us to give our best recommendations, it would be helpful to know what kind of climates you are planning to camp in and whether or not you'll be backpacking with it, as this will impact that temperature ratings, weight, and volume of the bags suggested.

With that in mind, we recommend taking a look at the following bags to start:

If you are interested in keeping the bag you have now and just making your sleep setup warmer, a sleeping bag liner may also help. Depending on the material of the liner, it could add five to fifteen degrees to the comfort rating of your setup, allowing you to sleep more spread out while still staying warm.

Hopefully this helps!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.

I dare say that down booties (synthetic equivalent) would keep your feet warm

Superusers do not speak on behalf of REI and may have received
one or more gifts or other benefits from the co-op.