cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Replacement rain fly: Half Dome 2 Plus

Hello.  We have the older version of the half dome 2 plus.  The tent is still in great shape except the rain fly has completely deteriorated.  Do you know the dimensions of the rain fly on the older model?  I appreciate your assistance.

53 Replies

Consider this another vote for a replacement rainfly… mine is a Half Dome 2 HC (2006) in particular, not sure how different that one is than the other models.  Maybe there’s a generic solution that would work well enough for most models?

Has seen light-moderate use over the past 15 years and I have taken decent care of it.   Window is still fine, albeit a little cloudier than when new, and it’s still keeping me dry, but all of the velcro straps and other accessories that were just seam-sealed on have fallen off and disappeared.   Tent and footprint still going strong. 

Overall I am pleased with the longevity of the product.  (The velcro loops are probably not absolutely essential, after all.)  I do feel capable of the DIY repairs that other commenters have so graciously detailed here, but if a replacement fly were available, I’d sooner spend some money on that than make the repairs myself or but a completely new tent ‘kit,’ especially when the tent itself is totally fine.   

Thanks!

0 Likes

Chiming in support of the call for REI to start selling replacement rainfly's for their tents (specifically, the Half Dome 2). There is clearly a demand for such a product. Make it happen!

I don’t know if I’ve requested for the same Half Dome 2 rainfly but I’m glad we getting more request. A rainfly shouldn’t disintegrate like that, right?

0 Likes

Another half dome 2 plus (2012) rain fly replacement request checking in!

0 Likes