cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Re: REI Quarter Dome 2 replacement shock cord

The shock cord in my Quarter Dome 2 tent pole has lost its elasticity, and I've read mixed reviews about the 1/8" diameter cord being too large for some tents. Without having to take it out to measure and wait for the package to come in the mail a week later with the pieces laying around my house, can you tell me the diameter and length(s) of cord that I need?  

0 Likes
4 Replies

@bofethe Thanks for reaching out!

We checked with the Co-op Brands design team and they measured the diameter of the cord in a Quarter Dome to be about 3mm, which is 1/8" cord. You can order the Liberty Mountain Shockcord - 1/8" Diameter by the foot. You will have to take out your poles to measure how much length of cord you will need. You can also check out this thread, REI Half Dome 2+ restring problem, as the end of that conversation involves how much shockcord is needed for your tent poles.

Additionally, we recommend taking a look at this expert advice article on How to Fix a Tent Pole. It has some great tips and a video on how to replace the shockcord.

Hope this helps!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

I have this tent and the shock cord did the same thing...my son cut the old shock cord before we had a chance to label the poles and now we are left with a pile of poles and no idea how to reassemble it.  Can you be of any assistance?  I checked with REI and they have no specs on this tent and can be of no help.

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes

@kikis 

Thanks for reaching out!

We're sorry to hear you're having this issue getting the information you need. Can you help us out with some more detail about your tent? Namely, what year you purchased your tent? With that info we can see what we can find out.

Thanks!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

Thanks for your offer to help 🙂

Purchased 11/2016

REI Co-op Quarter Dome 2

Item # 8624230001

0 Likes