cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

REI Co-op Kingdom Insulated Air Bed - Queen

I purchased this mattress at an REI garage sale (the tag said it was returned because it was uncomfortable) a few years back because I already have one and wanted another to keep for when I have extra company if needed. I went on a camping trip last week to Winthrop with my immediate family and brought it to let my sister and husband borrow it. The next morning I asked how they like it and they said it deflated. I told them that I'm super shocked because I've had mine for many years with no issues. I stepped into their tent to check it out and realized that their valve was clear.... Mine had a double black valve... So I opened it to see how it was setup and realized when I looked very closely that the valve said Coleman on it. I believe that someone bought it and returned the mattress with a different valve. What the heck!! Is there anything you can do?

0 Likes
1 Reply

@dawls07 

Thank you for reaching out, although we're sorry to hear you're having this issue. As garage sale purchases are final, we won't be able to return it for you. That being said, you may want to stop by your local REI store and inquire about making a repair. Sometimes (admittedly on rare occasions) you may be able to use parts from another pad that has been returned and is unusable. It's important to remember that's a long shot given that it is a sleeping pad that is a few years old. Additionally, depending on which valve is on your sleeping pad, I have read that some folks have been able to add new life to their sleeping pads by using plastic wrap over the valve and then pressing the 'stopper' into it (basically using the plastic wrap to fill in any gaps that there may be around the valve). That might be an easy solution worth trying out.

Hopefully this helps, thanks!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes