cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Membership now as great as the outdoors!
Already a member? Take a look at the Co-op Members section of the community.
Ready to join? Explore all of the benefits here.

REI camp bed valve

I have an REI Camp Bed 2.5. The valve is broken (allows air to enter in closed position.) I bought a Thermarest valve replacement kit but I don't think it will work (valve stem is bigger on REI Camp Bed.) Does REI sell a replacement valve or is there another way to fix this?  Thanks! 

5 Replies

@Sherpa Thanks for reaching out!

We actually had this same situation in my store a couple of days ago with an REI Trekker sleeping pad. Although the Thermarest replacement valve is a little bit different (longer on the Trekker and a little wider on the Thermarest valve) with a bit of effort we were able to make it work with the REI sleeping pad. I hope this helps, thanks!

John

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

@REI-JohnJ  What glue did you use. I have a CampBed 3.5 and the valve came out of the bed.

0 Likes

@JamieSimon Thanks for reaching out!

We're sorry to hear that you're having this issue with your sleeping pad. Can you provide a bit more detail for us? Did the entire valve come out of the sleeping pad? i.e. is there a hole in the seam where the valve system used to be? Was it just a part of the valve that came out? Also, what kind of valve does your sleeping pad have? Is it a valve that twists shut to lock, or is it a plastic/rubber cap that fits over the valve hole?

Thanks for the additional detail, feel free to upload a photo if that is easier. We'll see if we can help troubleshoot with you!

0 Likes

I’ve got the same problem. The entire valve, including the fitting, came out of the sleeping pad leaving a hole in the seam where the valve system used to be.  The valve twists shut to lock. Is there a valve assembly replacement kit available?

0 Likes

@lazyman 

Thanks for reaching out, although we are sorry to hear that it is because you're having this issue with your sleeping pad.

Unfortunately, we do not have replacement valve systems for our sleeping pads. Thermarest sells a Valve Repair Kit, however, you'll need to look at your current valve to see if it would be compatible.

Hopefully this helps!

0 Likes