cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

REI camp bed valve

I have an REI Camp Bed 2.5. The valve is broken (allows air to enter in closed position.) I bought a Thermarest valve replacement kit but I don't think it will work (valve stem is bigger on REI Camp Bed.) Does REI sell a replacement valve or is there another way to fix this?  Thanks! 

3 Replies

@Sherpa Thanks for reaching out!

We actually had this same situation in my store a couple of days ago with an REI Trekker sleeping pad. Although the Thermarest replacement valve is a little bit different (longer on the Trekker and a little wider on the Thermarest valve) with a bit of effort we were able to make it work with the REI sleeping pad. I hope this helps, thanks!

John

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

@REI-JohnJ  What glue did you use. I have a CampBed 3.5 and the valve came out of the bed.

0 Likes

@JamieSimon Thanks for reaching out!

We're sorry to hear that you're having this issue with your sleeping pad. Can you provide a bit more detail for us? Did the entire valve come out of the sleeping pad? i.e. is there a hole in the seam where the valve system used to be? Was it just a part of the valve that came out? Also, what kind of valve does your sleeping pad have? Is it a valve that twists shut to lock, or is it a plastic/rubber cap that fits over the valve hole?

Thanks for the additional detail, feel free to upload a photo if that is easier. We'll see if we can help troubleshoot with you!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes