cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Re: recommendations for ultralight camping gear

Hello, I would like to purchase a complete ultralight camping gear setup but don't care to do this in the store--time poor. Could you please give me your recommendations for a quality, 3 season (snow) gear? I would purchase online. You don't have to worry about clothing but would appreciate recommendations with those too...I have quite a lot of this already.

Many Thanks, Chris

0 Likes
3 Replies

What kind of base weight are tou shooting for?  How long between resupply stops?  You mention three season and snow.  I usually equate three season to spring, summer and fall, winter (snow) and my winter setup will be a very different setup.  Sorry for all the questions to your question 🙂

May I ask what kind of gear you already own? Are you trying to replace heavier gear or are you starting off from nothing?

Also, where do you plan on doing the Winter hiking? That will have a big effect on the gear you need to have.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Between every two pine trees there is a door leading to a new way of life.” (John Muir)

Hi @tessarella11 

In addition to those questions posed by @nathanu and @Dad_Aint_Hip  below is a link to an article I found on Outside Online that you may find helpful.

https://www.outsideonline.com/2409742/four-season-tent-information-recommendations?utm_source=Sailth...

Good luck!