cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Rainfly needed for kingdom 8 2018

I have a 2018 kingdom 8 tent that I adore and have used for camping. The rainfly has been stolen on a camping trip last year and I am not having any luck with a replacement. Is there any other way to get a replacement?? I bought the garage with it, and have invested quite a lot of money into this setup and am heartbroken. Please please please help!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
5 Replies

@Mdchoidpt Thanks for reaching out!

We're sorry to hear that your rainfly is missing from your tent. We had another user with a similar problem who posed the question Kingdom Tent missing Rainfly. What to do? Unfortunately, as you'll see in my response, we do not carry a replacement rain fly for our Kingdom tents. While it is a long shot, your best bet is to visit a garage sale at your local REI store and hope that there is a Kingdom 8 tent with an intact rainfly. 

Hope this helps, good luck!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

I love REI. I do.

But the fact that we can pay _more than_ half a grand for a piece of equipment but NOT be able to purchase a key replacement part is just not acceptable.  It just isn't.

@CMozley 

Thanks for connecting with us here in the community. One of the things we appreciate most about the community is hearing our member's thoughts, opinions, feedback, and comments about the work that we do. This is particularly true when we hear about times we miss our member's expectations. Your feedback has been heard and passed to the appropriate team.

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

@Mdchoidptsomeone stole you rainfly..off your tent? Holy cow, that is low!!

My guess is you'll need to buy a nysil or some other lightweight tarp which will cover the tent and large enough to 'go to ground' and you'll be fine.

good luck!

REI Member Since 1979 YouTube.com/philreedshikes
0 Likes

Keep an eye out on ebay.  You see these pop up every so often.  

Where were you camped when it got stolen?

0 Likes