cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Jet boil Flash cooking system issue

0ED6DD3D-6572-4BF1-8F75-06DF0E692A58.jpeg

Hello, I purchased a jet boil flash for my wife. During first use it ignited outside of the ‘ring’. I checked for recalls and it appears this model isn’t recalled. Wondering if it has anything to do with the little screw(marked it green)? Has anyone else had this issue? The flames come out in picture marked in red. No wind at time of use. Thanks for the help!

0 Likes
2 Replies

Hey Josh, I'm a current REI employee and I've dealt with Jetboils quite a bit. How much gas are you giving to the stove before ignition? If you're fully opening the valve you'll likely get an initial burst or a small explosion. If this isn't the case and you're barely opening the valve it's likely a manufacture error, we haven't heard anything about a defect on Jetboil's end. I would recommend bringing it back for an exchange if it seems like a manufacture error. We'll gladly take care of you.

Sweet thanks, im just barely giving it gas and igniting before I put the cup on.

I’ll stop by my local REI 

0 Likes