cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Issues with the REI Co-op Air rail 1.5 valves.

We have two Air Rail 1.5 sleeping pads. We have used them about 15 nights over the past 2 years. We are having problems with both the valves. One has always been difficult to close and now I can not close it at all. It simply will not turn. The second will not lock. The stem seems to be moving with the top when I push and turn. 

Do you know of any solutions to these problems? What should we do?

2 Replies

@lehouxcrew Thanks for reaching out!

We're sorry to hear that you're experiencing an issue with your sleeping pad. It can be very challenging to try to diagnose these kinds of issues over the internet, your best bet is to take your sleeping pads into your local REI store, when it opens, to speak with someone about the problem. In the meantime, we encourage you to take a look at this thread, how do I repair a stuck valve in my sleeping pad?  about a similar issue with a different sleeping pad. We also recommend using light, compressed air to blow in and on the valve, as there may be a piece of debris stuck inside, preventing it from moving. 

Hopefully this helps!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

@lehouxcrew did you ever figure out the issue with your pad valves? I am having the same issue... The valve will not turn or lock. Unfortunately, I have not gotten any help thus far than to have them tell me I have to buy a whole new pad.

0 Likes